How To Configure The Hotmail imap Setting For Mac Mail?
Set Up Mail on Your Mac for Hotmail
- Select the Mail icon on your Mac's Dock.
- From the Mail menu, select Add Account.
- Select Other Mail Account in the screen that opens, then choose Continue.
- Enter your name, Hotmail email address, and password in the fields provided for them.
Are you a regular user of Apple Mac? Are you unaware of the procedure to set up the IMAP settings in your Mac Mail? If yes, then this article is made for you. We assume that you used POP3 server till now. But now, the POP3 has become an ancient thing and in today’s world, more and more number of users are switching to the brand new IMAP servers. There are innumerous difficulties which the Hotmail users have faced while using POP3. That is the main reason why, you should switch now to IMAP.
DON'T MISS: Hotmail Customer Service For all MAC Email Issues.
Mentioned below are the steps to configure the IMAP settings of your Hotmail account for the Mac mail:
- Step 1: Launch the Mac Mail on your PC.
- Step 2: Click on Mail.
- Step 3: Click on Preferences.
- Step 3: Click on + icon to add a new Hotmail account.
- Step 4: Enter you complete name in the first box.
- Step 5: Enter your Hotmail address in the second box but instead of .com in the end, change it to .mac.
- Step 6: Enter your Hotmail password in the third box.
- Step 7: Under the Incoming Mail Server, select the IMAP as the account type.
- Step 8: Enter a suitable description and enter imap-mail.hotmail.com under the server of the Incoming Mail.
- Step 9: Under the username, add the suffix @hotmail.mac instead of @hotmail.com.
- Step 10: Click on Continue.
- Step 11: Similarly, enter the Outgoing mail server settings by following the same steps as above and replacing the imap by smtp.
- Step 12: Click on Create.
In case, you are not able to configure the IMAP settings of your Hotmail account on MAC mail by following the above-mentioned steps, then contact the Hotmail Support Team.
How do I set up IMAP in Outlook for Mac?
How to set up your email account in Outlook 2019 for Mac
- Type: IMAP or POP.
- Email Address: Your full email address.
- Username: Your full email address.
- Password: Your email address password.
- Incoming Server: mail.lcn.com (port 993 for IMAP, 995 for POP)
- Use SSL to connect: Tick this option.
- Outgoing Server: mail.lcn.com.