How to Share Files or Google Doc on Google Drive or with Someone?
It is quite easy to share files and folders that you have stored in your Google drive with anyone on various social media platforms like WhatsApp, email, or on Facebook or Instagram. You must be wondering about your query: How do I send files using Google Drive? Whenever you happen to share your file from Google Drive, you have all the authority to customise your choices whether people can edit the document, or can only view it in a read only mode. You can also customise the facility whether they can comment on the doc file or not.In this article you will read about the steps to share the file with someone on Google drive or some external platform.
Steps to share the file on Google Doc
- The first step is to find the file that you want to share on Google Drive on any external platform.
- To fall on a computer you need to go to Google drive.
- Then you need to Docs, Sheets or Slides.
- Then you need to click on the file that you want to share.
- The last step is to click on Share.
Now you are required to choose the person with whom you want to share with and at the same time you need to specify what can be done with your file ( editing, commenting, etc,)
- On selecting the file that you want to share, you need to click on the option to share.
- The next step is to enter an email address that you want to share the file with. You can find the option under ‘share with people and Groups’.
- If you want to edit the settings in the actions that they can do with your document. You will see a down arrowWhere you have to select one between viewer, commenter, or editor.
- You can also choose to notify people which again has two conditions: If you want to notify the people about the document that has been shared with them you can click on the checkbox in front of notified people. If you don't want to notify people about the document that has been shared with them, you can simply and check the box.
- At the end, you need to click on Share and send.
If you find the issue of google drive link sharing not working, you can also share the file and collaborate With more than one user if you want them to edit or make some changes in the document.
Google provides the facility to 100 people to take the Grant permission that have the accessibility to view, edit, or comment on the document. If you want to share and collaborate on a file, you have to follow the below given steps:
- First you need to publish a file that you want to share or collaborate. If you want many people to make changes or edit or comment on your file, you can simply create the link and share with all the people.Publishing a file makes it visible to everyone available on the web. You should make sure that your file should not create any private or sensitive information that you want to keep confidential.
- The second step is to create a Google site where you can share the information with many people. You can simply anticipate high traffic on your website on publishing it using Google docs, Sheets, or slides.
- Next you need to collect feedback with Google forms. It is quite easy to create a Google form if you want to gather a lot of information. The process of accommodating all the data in a sheet is automated by Google. You can also collaborate the results with a hundred people at the same time so that they can have access to it.
The last step is to fix the problems with the document that has been shared with many people.
This is how you can make changes in a document. After reading the article you must've got the knowledge of sharing a Google DOC file with somebody on Google drive or on external platforms. You can contact the support team at Google drive phone number if you want any further reference to share a Google Doc file with someone or on Google Drive.