Why is Outlook not saving my sent emails?
Where are my sent emails in Outlook?
- To view the contents of the Sent Items folder in Outlook, click the “Mail” icon in the Navigation Bar. Then select the “Sent Items” folder in the Folder Pane. The Sent Items folder contains copies of all the messages that you have sent to others.
- All sent messages ought to be situated in Outlook Sent Items, which is governed as per Outlook default designs but sometimes when you send an email on Outlook, a copy of messages will not saved in sent items folder. It is all cause because of disabled save copies of messages in the sent items folder. If you enable that option, then you can prevent from that error.
DON'T MISS: Outlook Customer Service
How do I save a sent email in Outlook?
In the Outlook Options window, click on Mail in the list on the left (second from top). Scroll down to the Save messages section. Select the When replying to a message that is not in the Inbox, save the reply to the same folder option. De-select the Save copies of messages in the Sent Items folder option.
Outlook not saving sent messages
There are some easy steps given below, which can helps you:
In Outlook 2007:
- Step 1:- First of all, open your Outlook account .
- Step 2:- Now click on the Tools and then click on the Options icon.
- Step 3:- Now click on the E-mail Options under the Preferences menu.
- Step 4:- Now enable the Save copies of messages in Sent Items folder option.
- Step 5:- After that, click on the OK to complete the process.
How do I restore my Sent folder in Outlook?
Methods to recover the missing sent items
- Click File in Outlook application menu bar.
- Click Options that will open the Outlook options wizard.
- Go to Mail category and in the Save Messages, click the checkbox to Save copies of messages in the Sent Items folder.
- Restart Outlook and try to send a test email.
In Outlook 2010 or later versions:
- Step 1:- First of all, open your Outlook account.
- Step 2:- Now click on the File icon and then click on the Options.
- Step 3:- Now click on the Mail under the Outlook Options icon.
- Step 4:- After that, enable the Save copies of messages in the Sent Items folder under the Save messages option.
- Step 5:- Now click on the OK to complete the process.
Why are my sent emails being deleted automatically?
As per your concern, emails that are older than 30 days will be automatically deleted. To prevent this from happening, we suggest that you set up AutoArchive to your emails. This will set old items you want to save in the Archive folder.