Why the Gmail Account Stopped Working and How to Fix It?
Why the Gmail Account Stopped Working?
There is no particular reason behind the issues that you see with your Gmail account. It could be anything that creates hassles for you to use Gmail. But in case, you see any trouble in using your Gmail account, you shouldn't worry about it. Usually, such an issue appears due to server down, improper internet connection, browser incompatibility, and so on.
Aside from this, once you make sure the reason for seeing the Gmail account not working issue, this can happen because of entering the wrong login credentials. Though it seems small reason sometimes causes a big deal for you.
No matter what reason is behind facing a Gmail problem, all issues can be fixed by doing a few simple steps. And to make it easy and simple for you here is a list of instructions that you should follow. Go through them.
Things That You Should Do to Resolve Gmail Not Working Issues
Try a Different Browser
Sometimes, there is a compatibility issue with your web browser in using a Gmail account. You can try to change the browser to access your Gmail account. Besides, the most compatible browser to use Gmail is Chrome however you can use all popular browsers to access your account.
Is Gmail Down?
Most of the time, it has been observed that people face trouble while using the Gmail account because of server issues. You need to make sure that the server is not down. If it happens then you have to wait until the issues get fixed.
Check the Gmail Storage Quota
- To do so, you are required to select the Upgrade Storage option on your Google Drive.
- The maximum space for a Gmail account is 15 GB for each account.
- Once you reach the maximum space allotment, you will be required some space to use your Gmail account.
- Open your Gmail account on your browser and choose some emails to delete and make some space for your account.
- Further, you should select the More option and then click the Bin button to open it.
- After that, you have to click Empty Bin and erase all the emails present over there.
- In this way, you may start receiving emails on your Gmail account.
With this, you will no longer worry about the Gmail account not working issue. In case the problem persists, you can follow the given steps to fix it.
Delete Email Filters
- First and foremost, you should open the Settings by clicking the Gear Icon.
- Next, you need to choose the Filters and blocked addresses option.
- Further, you should select all filters available on the tab.
- Then you are required to choose the Delete option and clear all the filters set on your Gmail account.
It is one of the most common reasons behind the Gmail issues that you see with your account. In this way, the emails get redirected to alternative folders like All Mail. Moreover, you can try other instructions as well to get the issue resolved.
Turn Off Email Forwarding
- To turn off the email forwarding, you should first select the Settings icon.
- Then you need to select the Settings option.
- Further, you have to go to the 'Forwarding and POP/IMAP' section.
- After that, you should choose the Disable Forwarding option.
- Lastly, you should click the Save Changes option.
Clear the Cache and Cookies
When you find your Gmail account stopped responding and you want to fix it, you should try to clear the cache, cookies, and browser history from your browser. It might help you to get rid of the issue.
- To begin with, you should open the Chrome browser.
- Then select the More option.
- From the drop-down menu, choose the More Tools option.
- After that, select the Clear Browsing Data option.
- Next, you need to select a time range and select All time to delete everything.
- In addition to this, you need to select the checkboxes and click Clear Data.
Check the Browser Extensions and Applications
Also, you should check the third-party application installed on your device. Try to disable them as well to get rid of the Gmail account stopped working issue.
Run a Full Scan for Malware
If your device has any malware or virus that influences the performance of your device, you might see some problem while using your Gmail account. In that case, to get rid of it, you should try to run a full scan to eliminate all the threats from your device and get smooth access.
Get Instant Help to Fix Your Gmail Account Not Working Issues
Once you perform the above steps you will be able to use your Gmail account and no longer see any hassle while using it. On the off chance, things go awry and you find it troublesome to resolve the issue, you don't need to worry about it. The technical support team is available there to assist you anytime from anywhere. All you need is to dial the Gmail customer support number and you will be in touch with an expert. So, without thinking much, you should connect with a representative and resolve the issues immediately.